[openstack-dev] [Savanna][EDP] Issues from internal UI demo

Nadya Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 23 18:40:45 UTC 2013

Hello folks,
Today I've showed a demo with EDP UI. Here a feedback from our
Mirantis-team.  Items without NOTEs should be done, I believe. For some of
them bugs are already filed:

1. We need URL hints for DataSouce (as it done for JobBinary)
2. DataSource UI should depend on DataSource type (
https://wiki.openstack.org/w/images/6/62/DataSourceCreation.jpg)
3. Usability issue. User should create DataSource each time. Each time he
or she should set auth info for DataSource. It will be better to split
DataSource on two objects: DataSourceAuth and DataSourceeURL. *NOTE: that's
just a proposal*
4. JobBinary TODOs:
    4.1. Remove  swift-external option (we will not support it in current
phase)
    4.2 *NOTE: that's just a proposal: *Hide swift-internal option if Swift
is not available
    4.3. *NOTE: that's just a proposal: *Set available storage for binaries
in savanna.conf. Becuase it's  unlikely to store binaries in db-internal if
swift is available
    4.4 People wants to write scripts in Horizon (hmmmm :/)
5. Job contains now:
    name
    description
    type
    job_origin_id
    input_type
    output_type
    job_configs

Type is determined by JobOrigin. input_type and output_type are determined
by JobExecution's DataSources. So, remove Job. Changes in objects after
that:
in JobExecution:
job_id ===> job_origin_id

in JobOrigin:
type appears

6. Config for job. Configs will be key-value. We will get user a hint about
configs that user may use but  user may set it's own. That's because we are
not sure where to get all possible job.xml configs.

Tomorrow I'm planning to resolve 5th.

Your feedback will be very appreciated
Thanks,
Nadya