[openstack-dev] [Nova] Gating - devstack failures

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sun Sep 22 15:41:32 UTC 2013

On 09/22/2013 11:10 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyone know why the devstack gating is broken?
> Thanks
> Gary

I was just looking over logs, especially the last merge on integrated
projects before things went funny (at about midnight last night).

The root cause is guests not spawning, and going into error states.
Exactly why... still needs more investigation.

Curiously on the last merge we were pulling libvirt from the main
precise/updates repo at 0.9.8... version.

On the failing changes we are pulling libvirt out of cloud archive:

2013-09-22 14:36:15.578 | 2013-09-22 14:36:15 Get:2
http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/
precise-updates/havana/main libvirt0 amd64 1.0.6-0ubuntu4~cloud0 [2,353 kB]

Given that the issue is consistent guest launch, and the last merge of
an integrated project was in no way related to that, and we're seeing
this libvirt different since midnight last night... I'd start with the
libvirt update possibly being our culprit.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net