[openstack-dev] [neutron] Python-neutronclient failing with pyparsing 2.0.1, probably issue is in python-cliff / cliff-tablib

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Sep 22 05:54:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

Previously, upstream decided to use >= 1.5.7 for Python 2.x, then the
2.x branch for Python 3.x. Then later on, Python 2.x was added to the
Pyparsing 2.x branch, and upstream released version 2.0.1, which has
support for both Python >= 2.6 and Python 3.x. Now in Debian, we decided
to remove the Pyparsing 1.5.7, and replace that with Pyparsing 2.0.1.

This was by the way quite annoying. We went back and forth with
pyparsing, and that's a quite a loss of time. :(

Anyway, the problem is that python-neutronclient fails completely its
unit tests when Pyparsing 2.0.1 is in use.

Since we can't go back in Debian (pyparsing 2.0.1 is already there), it
would be great if someone could look into the issue, and make Pyparsing
2.0.1 the new module in use with python-neutronclient.

BTW, I'm not an expert here, but it is well possible that the problem is
within python-cliff or in cliff-tablib. Doug, do you know? Could you
work on this issue?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: This one issue is a blocker and it'd be really nice if it could be
fixed ASAP.