[openstack-dev] [Nove] Launch an instance with IDE disk type instead of virtio disk type

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Sun Sep 22 02:20:14 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda at gmail.com> wrote:
> With Havana+ you should be able to use the new block_device_mapping code to
> specify a particular bus during launch, but for Grizzly you can specify the
> bus by setting metadata on the image in glance.
>
> glance image-update <uuid> --property hw_disk_bus=ide

I can confirm this works on Grizzly well at least the version Ubuntu
is shipping from cloud archive.  I has playing around with gnu-hurd
images today (30th anniversary this year, so should be ready soon :) )
which doesn't have virtio so I needed to set this.

-Jon