[openstack-dev] Cookiecutter repo for ease in making new projects

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Sep 20 23:53:20 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 02:49 PM, Jay Buffington wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com
> <mailto:mordred at inaugust.com>> wrote:
>
>     And boom, you'll have a directory all set up with your new project
>

> Awesome.  I tried it and ran into a couple of small issues.  I don't see a
> launchpad yet, so I'm not sure where to report bugs.

Oops. I'll fix that straight away. I just added a CONTRIBUTING file -
https://review.openstack.org/47658 - the project is managed under the
oslo program, so I just indicated that we should file the bugs there.

> Something is stripping all the new lines at EOF, so flake8 fails.  Also,
> this
> is annoying because vim's default is to add one when it doesn't exist.

This is a bug in upstream cookiecutter. I have submitted a PR upstream:

https://github.com/audreyr/cookiecutter/pull/79

Wow. I suck. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/47657/1