[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-devel] PGP key signing party during the HK summit

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri Sep 20 17:50:22 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Thomas Goirand's message of 2013-09-19 23:33:47 -0700:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone thought about having a PGP key signing party during the
> summit? Guys from the Linux kernel thought it was useless, but after the
> hack of kernel.org, they started to understand it was useful, and now
> they do have a "web of trust". As a package maintainer, I would very
> much like to have a signing event during the next HK summit, and collect
> signatures so that I can check the pgp signed tags, which to my very
> satisfaction, starts to appear for every package release (not sure if
> this comes from the fact I've been annoying everyone about it in this
> list, though that's a very good thing).

I have been to two such events and they are extremely beneficial for growing
the PGP web of trust.

http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html#overview

Given the size of the summit, I suggest the hash based method.