[openstack-dev] [Grizzly] Quantum-L3-Agent quite slow on initialization

Chu Duc Minh chu.ducminh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 07:58:44 UTC 2013

I use Quantum-ovs with IP network-namespace.
I only have 1 quantum-router with 30 networks.
Each network have exactly 1 subnet (like: 10.0.x.0/24)
Currently, i only use 10 floating IP for some VM instances.

But when i (re-)start quantum-la3-agent, i took > 5 minutes to complete
initialization:
("complete initialization" means finish build iptables rules, ip namespace,
add floating ip,...)
I recheck quantum-l3-agent log and I sure about this.

*Do you think 5 minutes is too much for a network configuration like that?*

Best Regards,