[openstack-dev] What's Up Doc? Sep 18 2013

Mike Asthalter mike.asthalter at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Sep 19 13:31:21 UTC 2013

Just a couple notes about #5 (inking to WADL files in separate repositories):

  1.  This feature in supported in version 1.10.0 of the clouddocs maven plugin, which has now been reverted back to 1.9.3 due to request/response issues. You should be able to test using 1.9.4-SNAPSHOT until version 1.10.0 is available again.
  2.  You must use a plain URL to access the wadl. See the following example.

For example, to get the plain version for the following URL:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-site/tree/api-ref/src/wadls/orchestration-api/src/v1/orchestration-api.wadl

Browse to the above location in Firefox, and then click (plain<http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-site/plain/api-ref/src/wadls/orchestration-api/src/v1/orchestration-api.wadl>) on the blob: line, just above where the wadl text appears.

This will display the plain version of the URL:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-site/plain/api-ref/src/wadls/orchestration-api/src/v1/orchestration-api.wadl

Then use the plain version of the URL to access the wadl resources in the API Devguide:

<wadl:resources
            href="http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-site/plain/api-ref/src/wadls/orchestration-api/src/v1/orchestration-api.wadl"
            xmlns:wadl="http://wadl.dev.java.net/2009/02"/>

Mike