[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Bootstrap 3 update and problems with lesscpy

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed Sep 18 23:44:22 UTC 2013

I'm also strongly against reverting the move to lesscpy. As David said, that change was highly-requested by the downstream distros and other folks packaging Horizon in various ways.

Since there's no evidence that lesscpy does not intend to support bootstrap 3 in a reasonable timeframe, reverting the patch in the interim would simply be impatience. The better thing to do as a member of the larger open source community is to contribute your own energy to lesscpy and to help them improve their project in a timely manner. I'm glad to hear that Sasha is already working on that. I'm sure they're happy for the assistance and for having their work utilized by a significant project like Horizon.

We'll get to bootstrap 3, but not by undoing work we've already done.

Please keep us all updated on the progress upstream, I know I for one look forward to seeing the benefits we can derive from the newer bootstrap code.

    - Gabriel