[openstack-dev] [heat] [scheduler] Bringing things together for Icehouse

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 18 14:28:55 UTC 2013

Manuel, and others:
I am sorry, in the rush at the end of the scheduler meeting a critical
fact flew from my mind: the material I distributed beforehand was intended
as something I could reference during discussion in the meeting, I did not
expect it to fully stand on its own.  Indeed, you have noticed that it
does not.  It will take a little more time to write something that stands
on its own.  I will try to get something out soon, including answers to
your questions.

I should also make clear the overall sense of what I am doing.  I am in an
in-between state.  My group has some running code on which I can report,
but we are not satisfied with it for a few reasons.  One is that it is not
integrated yet in any way with Heat, and I think the discussion we are
having here overlaps with Heat.  Another is that it does not support very
general changes, we have so far been solving initial deployment issues. We
have been thinking about how to do better on these issues, and have an
outline and are proceeding with the work; I can report on these too.  The
things that concern me the most are issues of how to get architectural
alignment with what the OpenStack community is doing.  So my main aim
right now is to have a discussion of how the pieces fit together.  I am
told that the OpenStack community likes to focus on small incremental
changes, and that is a way to get things done, but I, at least, would like
to get some sense of where this is going.

Thanks,
Mike