[openstack-dev] FFE Request: Make RBD Usable for Ephemeral Storage

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Sep 18 14:14:50 UTC 2013

Mike Perez wrote:
> Currently in Havana development, RBD as ephemeral storage has serious
> stability
> and performance issues that makes the Ceph cluster a bottleneck for using an
> image as a source.
> [...]

This comes up a bit late, and the current RC bugs curves[1] really do
not encourage me to add more distraction for core reviewers.

The only way I could be fine with this would be for the performance
issue to actually be considered a bug (being so slow you can't really
use it without the fix), *and* the review being very advanced and
consensual that the distraction is minimal.

Could you quantify the performance issue, and address Zhi Yan Liu's
comments ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)