[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Allow multiple projects (tenants) in the received kwargs for v2 queries

Pendergrass, Eric eric.pendergrass at hp.com
Tue Sep 17 23:05:05 UTC 2013

I'm implementing a role based access control system where I'll use a list of
projects to determine which projects a user can query.  This project list
will come from an upstream filter based on roles associated with the user's
auth token.

In the current v2/meters/<meter_id> (Sample) code, the kwargs received are
{'project': u'10032339952700', 'meter': u'network.incoming.bytes'}.  This
indicates one project is received.

I'd like to increase the flexibility of some of the v2 API controllers by
allowing a list of projects to be received and subsequently sent to the
storage layer for use in filtering.

My questions are:

What do you think about this?

Can the 'project' key change to 'projects' to support this?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.  If this sounds reasonable I'll put out a
blueprint for the change.

Thanks

Eric Pendergrass