[openstack-dev] Change email address

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 17 19:20:48 UTC 2013

Is it possible to change the email address I use in git and gerrit?  I
think I started off with an inferior choice.  I have now taught LaunchPad
and Gerrit that I have two email addresses.  The OpenStack Foundation
appears a bit confused, but I'm hoping that's not critical.

I am stuck at the point on
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute where it says,
concerning signing the ICLA, "Your full name and E-mail address will be
public (...) and the latter needs to match the user.email in your Git
configuration".  Gerrit knows that I have signed the ICLA, and will not
let me sign it again (I can not even try, it is grayed out).  Would it be
correct to clarify the text I quoted above to say that one of your Gerrit
email addresses has to match the one in your Git configuration?

Thanks,
Mike