[openstack-dev] python-simplejson 2.0.0 errors

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Sep 17 13:06:28 UTC 2013

On 09/17/2013 06:52 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 09/16/2013 10:41 PM, Bhuvan Arumugam wrote:
>> It's fun out of inter dependencies. Nova depends on python-glanceclient;
>> python-glanceclient depends on warlock>=1.0.1,<2. warlock depends on
>> jsonschema>=0.7,<2 (warlock 1.0.0). The latest warlock depends on newer
>> jsonschema release (>=0.7,<3). To fix your issue, you may do one of
>> following workaround:
>>
>> 1. upgrade warlock to latest (sudo pip install warlock --upgrade)
>> 2. downgrade jsonschema to earlier release v1.3.0 (sudo pip uninstall
>> jsonschema; sudo pip install jsonschema==1.3.0)
>> 3. install newer python-glanceclient. It depends on newer warlock (sudo
>> pip install python-glanceclient --upgrade)

>> https://github.com/bcwaldon/warlock/blob/master/requirements.txt
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Bhuvan
>
> Thanks a lot for the above insightful comment. I will update both
> warlock and glanceclient.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Hi,

It appears that the problem was I didn't rebuild warlock and
glanceclient on my Jenkins, therefore I had an old version in there (my
Havana Jenkins package builder for Wheezy VM doesn't have "build on git
push" activated yet), even though the packages were updated already.

After rebuilding glanceclient and warlock, everything is back to
working, and now there is not a single error in the the 8885 unit tests
of Nova Havana b3.

So, thanks a lot for the (very useful) hint!!!

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)