[openstack-dev] [DevStack] Generalize config file settings

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 21:41:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Everett Toews
<everett.toews at rackspace.com>wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2013, at 6:10 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>
> > Because inevitably people ask for copies of other folks configs to
> duplicate things, and a single file is easier to pass around than a tree.
> But that would mean a unique parser to handle the top level stanza.
>
> +1
>
> I share localrc files all the time.

Well, I wrote a parser for a modified INI file format anyway and managed to
put everything into a single local.conf file.  There is a bit of clumsiness
around localrc in order to maintain backward-compatibility and a
deprecation cycle to go through for some existing config variables.

The current incarnation is in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/46768/, try
it out, let's see if it is any good.  I did write up some more detailed
docs at http://hackstack.org/x/blog/2013/09/07/devstack-local-config/ that
will morph into the doc page in devstack.org when we're done.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com