[openstack-dev] Oslo.db possible module?

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 08:32:34 UTC 2013

On 13/09/13 18:04 +0000, Joshua Harlow wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>In my attempt to not use oslo.cfg in taskflow I ended up re-creating a lot of
>what oslo-incubator db has but without the strong connection to oslo.cfg,
>
>I was thinking that a majority of this code (which is also partially ceilometer
>influenced) could become oslo.db,
>
>https://github.com/stackforge/taskflow/blob/master/taskflow/persistence/
>backends/impl_sqlalchemy.py (search for SQLAlchemyBackend as the main class).
>
>It should be generic enough that it could be easily extracted to be the basis
>for oslo.db if that is desirable,
>
>Thoughts/comments/questions welcome :-)

Not having looked at the code in detail, I'd like to ask what the are
the differences between this implementation and the one currently in
Oslo Incubator?

Also, when you say you're not using oslo.cfg, do you mean you're not
using the global instance or that you're not using it at all? There
are good examples at how it is possible to avoid using the global
instance in oslo.messaging.

I'd like to hear boris-42 thoughts about this as well - since he's
been working on that with other folks - and perhaps bring this up at
the oslo.db session[0] -assuming it'll get accepted.

Cheers,
FF

[0] http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/13

--