[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Improving Neutron L3 Agent with High Availability

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Sat Sep 14 21:00:26 UTC 2013

Emilien,

thanks for sharing this, which I reckong is going to be a very interesting
discussion at the next summit.
Of the two alternatives, I tend to prefer the latter as it is capable of
handling better failover; it would be good if you could more details about
the failover procedure; in the document you mention that failover for
internal and gateway interface should be synchronized; it would be great to
understand how you're planning to do that.

Another aspect to consider is how this relates to nova-network's multi-host
feature, which is, in my understanding, the only bit missing from making
nova-network features a complete subset of neutron's features. Other than
HA and failover, the multi host feature provides also a load distribution
capability. Is that something that can be incorporated in your proposal?

Regards,
Salvatore