[openstack-dev] [Openstack] Instances running on VMware ESXi are unable to configure IP

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Fri Sep 13 20:11:13 UTC 2013

The official openstack docs for Nova + vSphere are here:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/vmware.html

I'd also point you to a new tool called VOVA, which is a virtual appliance
that makes it very easy to try out OpenStack + vsphere:
https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/openstack/blog/2013/08/28/introducing-vova-an-easy-way-to-try-out-openstack-on-vsphere

There are plenty of vmware openstack folks who monitor these lists and the
http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/openstack site if you have
follow-up questions, and you can feel free to file bugs on the Nova
launchpad and tag them with "vmware" if you want the VMware OpenStack Nova
team to respond.

Dan