[openstack-dev] [nova] [savanna] Host information for non admin users

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Fri Sep 13 06:40:49 UTC 2013

If I understand correctly, what really matters at least in case of Hadoop
is network proximity between instances.
Hence, maybe Neutron would be a better fit to provide such information. In
particular, depending on virtual network configuration, having 2 instances
on the same node does not guarantee that the network traffic between them
will be routed within the node.
Physical layout could be useful for availability-related purposes. But
even then, it should be abstracted in such a way that it will not reveal
details that a cloud provider will typically prefer not to expose. Maybe
this can be done by Ironic -- or a separate/new project (Tuskar sounds
related).

Regards,
Alex