[openstack-dev] [Heat] Questions about plans for heat wadls moving forward

Mike Asthalter mike.asthalter at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Sep 12 20:28:23 UTC 2013

Hello,

Can someone please explain the plans for our 2 wadls moving forward:

  *   wadl in original heat repo: https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/doc/docbkx/api-ref/src/wadls/heat-api/src/heat-api-1.0.wadl<%22https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/doc/docbkx/api-ref/src/wadls/heat-api/src/heat-api-1.>
  *   wadl in api-site repo: https://github.com/openstack/api-site/blob/master/api-ref/src/wadls/orchestration-api/src/v1/orchestration-api.wadl

1. Is there a need to maintain 2 wadls moving forward, with the wadl in the original heat repo containing calls that may not be implemented, and the wadl in the api-site repo containing implemented calls only?
Anne Gentle advises as follows in regard to these 2 wadls:

"I'd like the WADL in api-site repo to be user-facing. The other WADL can be truth if it needs to be a specification that's not yet implemented. If the WADL in api-site repo is true and implemented, please just maintain one going forward."

2. If we maintain 2 wadls, what are the consequences (gerrit reviews, docs out of sync, etc.)?

3. If we maintain only the 1 orchestration wadl, how do we want to pull in the wadl content to the api-ref doc (https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/doc/docbkx/api-ref/src/docbkx/api-ref.xml<%22https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/doc/docbkx/api-ref/src/docb>) from the orchestration wadl in the api-site repo: subtree merge, other?

Please excuse if these questions have already been discussed.

Thanks!

Mike