[openstack-dev] [nova] FFE Request: image-multiple-location support

lzy.dev at gmail.com lzy.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 16:08:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> lzy.dev at gmail.com wrote:
>> BP: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/image-multiple-location
>>
>> Since a dependent patch getting merger delay
>> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44316/), so the main patch
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/33409/ been hold by FF. It's very
>> close to get merger and waited about 3 months, could you pls take a
>> look and let it go in H?
>
> So, this is a significant feature... which paradoxically is a good
> reason to accept it *and* to deny it. On one hand it would be nice to
> complete this (with Glance support for it being landed), but on the
> other it's not really a self-contained feature and I could see it have
> bugs (or worse, create regressions).

Hello Thierry Carrez, two questions, whether we pass FFE or not.
1. why you think it's not a self-contained feature/patch, do you think
the patch miss something?
2. I'd very like to know what's wrong in current patch # 33409, can
you point the bugs out which you mentioned above?

> My answer would probably have been different if this request had been
> posted a week ago, but at this point, I would lean towards -1.

I have two points here:
1. The dependent patch #44316 just been merged on this Monday so I
could not send this FFE request out early.
2. I have committed the patch #33409 on June and followed up any
comments on time, so at this point I can only say the review progress
let down me TBH.