[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Question about create_port

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Sep 12 10:46:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

where are you observing such calls?
The vm boot process makes indeed several REST calls to Neutron, but about
90% of them are GETs, there should be only 1 POST for each port, and a few
puts.
I think you should not see DELETE in the boot process, so perhaps these
calls are coming from somewhere else (a DHCP agent acting a bit crazy
perhaps?)

Regards,
Salvatore