[openstack-dev] Backwards incompatible migration changes - Discussion

Morgan Fainberg m at metacloud.com
Thu Sep 12 07:51:27 UTC 2013

Another issue to consider with regards to backup tables is the length of
time that can occur between upgrade and downgrade functionally.  What if
you upgrade, then see an issue and downgrade in an hour.  Is the backup
table data still relevant?  Would you end up putting stale/broken data back
in place because other things changed?  At a certain point restore from
backup is really the only sane option.  That threshold isn't exactly a long
period of time.

Cheers,
Morgan Fainberg

IRC: morganfainberg