[openstack-dev] [Savanna] Guidance for adding a new plugin (CDH)

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Tue Sep 10 11:55:28 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 03:00 PM, Andrei Savu wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt at redhat.com
> <mailto:matt at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Once done, what will the procedure be for me to verify it without
>     becoming a Cloudera customer? What will the limitations be to its
>     use, if any, if I'm not a Cloudera customer?
>

> Cloudera Standard is free and includes CDH and a version of Cloudera
> Manager that has all the features we need to make this plugin useful
> (except some advanced management features and support). For those
> advanced features an enterprise license will be required but I think
> that's out of scope now.
>
> To answer your question: you don't have to be a Cloudera customer to use
> this plugin - everything should just work out of the box - you will only
> need OpenStack and a compatible vanilla OS image.
>
> [1]
> http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/products/cloudera-standard.html
>
> -- Andrei Savu / axemblr.com <http://axemblr.com/>

Great. If you start to need any of the non-free features, send a heads
up so we can discuss.

As for the compatible vanilla OS image, is that any image from -

http://cloud.fedoraproject.org
  or
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/
  or
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-image/content/centos-image.html

With no diskimage-builder (savanna-image-elements) customization?

Best,

matt