[openstack-dev] [nova] FFE Request: v3 setting v3 API core

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 14:31:36 UTC 2013

On 09/09/2013 07:38 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Christopher Yeoh wrote:
>> The following 3 changesets in the queue:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43274/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43278/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/43280/
>>
>> make keypairs, scheduler hints and console output part of the V3 core
>> api. This essentially changes just two things:
>>
>> - the v3 API server will refuse to startup if they are not loaded (this
>>   is the definition of a feature being part of core given that all of
>>   the API is an 'extension' now.
>> - the resource is accessed slightly differently - /v3/keypairs rather
>>   than /v3/os-keypairs as an example
>>
>> In terms of risk the change is limited to the V3 API only. And although
>> the V3 API will be experimental in Havana anyway and subject to some
>> change I would like to include this because of the resource name
>> changes and minimise any hassle for people who do start using the V3 API
>> in Havana and then want to use it for Icehouse. It has similar
>> downstream effects on documentation.
>
> Agreed, that sounds like a useful pre-release cleanup.
> No objection from me, especially if this is ready to land.

Ok, it's fine with me too, but hopefully it's the last set of v3 API
cleanups for havana.

We're going to have to get more strict on these sorts of things, soon.
We really need to shift focus to bug fixes.  Even things like this that
are ready come at a cost since it requires reviewer bandwidth.

--
Russell Bryant