[openstack-dev] [Nova] FFE Request: Encrypt Cinder volumes

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Sep 9 08:57:20 UTC 2013

Russell Bryant wrote:
> I would be good with the exception for this, assuming that:
>
> 1) Those from nova-core that have reviewed the code are still happy with
> it and would do a final review to get it merged.
>
> 2) There is general consensus that the simple config based key manager
> (single key) does provide some amount of useful security.  I believe it
> does, just want to make sure we're in agreement on it.  Obviously we
> want to improve this in the future.

+1

I think this is sufficiently self-contained that the regression risk is
extremely limited. It's also nice to have a significant hardening
improvement in the Havana featurelist. I would just prefer if it landed
ASAP since I would like as much usage around it as we can get, to make
sure the previous audits didn't miss an obvious bug/security hole in it.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)