[openstack-dev] [nova] FFE Request: Pass image meta to hard reboot for generating xml

Wangpan hzwangpan at corp.netease.com
Mon Sep 9 07:07:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a patch need to be reviewed, which fix the bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1206809
and this is the commit: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/39668/
I think this is a serious bug because we may lose some features supporting which enabled by the image properity after hard reboot.
The description of this bug is below:
Currently the libvirt xml of instance will be generated every time
during hard reboot by get_guest_config and to_xml method in libvirt
driver, but the image_meta is not passed into the get_guest_config
method like spawn(), so some configs related to the image_meta will
be lost(compared with the spawn process), we need to get the
image metadata and passes it to the to_xml method during hard reboot.

2013-09-09

Wangpan