[openstack-dev] FFE Request-ish: oslo.version split

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Sep 6 14:41:36 UTC 2013

Hey all,

One of the things we were working on this cycle was splitting the
version handling code out of pbr into its own library - oslo.version.
This work did not make Feature Freeze. I wanted to check in with folks
to take temperature about whether it's worth attempting to get it done
by the havanna release. The code itself isn't changing - it's really
just splitting one library in to two so that pbr doesn't need to be a
run time requirement and so that separation of concerns can be handled
better.

I don't have strong feelings either way, as pbr-as-runtime-dep doesn't
really bother me. Thoughts?

Monty