[openstack-dev] [Nova] FFE Request: condutor-workers

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 14:10:49 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 08:35 AM, Peter Feiner wrote:
> Russell & Thierry,
>
> I think conductor-workers [1] should be an exception to the feature
> freeze for H3. The risk is very low since the default value of this
> configuration option doesn't change nova's behavior at all. Moreover,
> the patch [2] is small and uses common OpenStack code. The reward is
> high since it makes eliminating a big bottleneck in typical OpenStack
> deployments very simple (e.g., setting [CONDUCTOR] workers=10 in
> nova.conf) [3].
>
> Thanks!
> Peter
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/condutor-workers
> [3]
> http://blog.gridcentric.com/bid/318277/Boosting-OpenStack-s-Parallel-Performance

I'm good with this one.  The patch is *very* small and the functionality
is off by default, so the risk is incredibly low.  We need to do some
reviewing of conductor code to make sure we can't find a reason this
might not work with it, but it seems like it provides a whole lot of
benefit.

Any other thoughts on this one?

--
Russell Bryant