[openstack-dev] [Nova] FFE Request: bp/instance-group-api-extension

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 14:07:08 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 05:06 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Debojyoti Dutta wrote:
>> As per my IRC chats with dansmith, russellb, this feature needs the
>> user auth checks (being taken care of in
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1221396).
>>
>> Dan has some more comments ....
>>
>> Could we please do a FFE for this one .... has been waiting for a long
>> time and we have done all that we were asked relatively quickly ....
>> in H2 it was gated by API object refactor. Most of the current
>> comments (pre last one by Dan) are due to
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1221396
>
> This sounds relatively self-contained and ready. If you can get it
> merged (with the additional bugfix) before the release meeting Tuesday,
> personally I'm fine with it.

I originally was fine with a FFE for this.  However, after some
discussion yesterday, it seems there are quite a few comments on the
review.  There's more iterating to do on this, so I don't have a high
confidence that we can merge it in time.

I would hate to grant the FFE, have you work super hard to iterate on
this quickly, and it still not make it in time.  I think at this point
we should just defer to Icehouse to ensure that there is proper time to
do the updates and get good review on them.

NACK on the FFE.

Russell Bryant