[openstack-dev] [Neutron] The three API server multi-worker process patches.

Baldwin, Carl (HPCS Neutron) carl.baldwin at hp.com
Thu Sep 5 22:33:01 UTC 2013

Brian,

As far as I know, no consensus was reached.

A problem was discovered that happens when spawning multiple processes.
The mysql connection seems to "go away" after between 10-60 seconds in my
testing causing a seemingly random API call to fail.  After that, it is
okay.  This must be due to some interaction between forking the process
and the mysql connection pool.  This needs to be solved but I haven't had
the time to look in to it this week.

I'm not sure if the other proposal suffers from this problem.

Carl