[openstack-dev] Swift data serialization

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Thu Sep 5 15:54:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 15:05:55 +0200
CHABANI Mohamed El Hadi <chabani.mohamed.hadi at gmail.com> wrote:

> But for some operations such authentification, or getting pictures
> metadata, and lot of uses cases in Swift...i don't know how to convert the
> plain text into XML/JSON !! if someone could help me on, it will really
> great.

I don't understand enough to answer this. Authentication data
seems properly encoded: it's either headers (v1) or JSON (v2).
As for metatadata, it's also wrapped into headers or JSON.
You are free to nest encodings, of course, but Swift does
not need to get involved, it would seem to me.

Are you accessing Swift from a language binding or trying to
script the CLI client? I image the latter may cause the confusion
inherent in the question.

-- Pete