[openstack-dev] [Swift] Small cluster size

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Sep 5 14:44:54 UTC 2013

Here's a straw-man:

* 5 storage nodes
* 2 proxy servers

5 storage nodes for a reasonable zone breakdown for 3 replicas; separate
proxy nodes for security segregation (working to avoid unencrypted,
unauthenticated rsync having any chance of leaking through the net) and
network segregation (separating replication traffic); and at 2 proxies
for HA.

Regards,

Tom