[openstack-dev] [Nova] FFE Request: oslo-messaging

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Sep 5 14:17:01 UTC 2013

Hi

I'd like to request a feature freeze exception for the final (and
admittedly the largest) patch in the series of 40 patches to port Nova to
oslo.messaging:

  https://review.openstack.org/39929

While this change doesn't provide any immediate user-visible benefit, it
would be massively helpful in maintaining momentum behind the effort all
through the Havana cycle to move the RPC code from oslo-incubator into a
library.

In terms of risk of regression, there is certainly some risk but that risk
is mitigated by the fact that the core code of each of the transport
drivers has been modified minimally. The idea was to delay re-factoring
these drivers until we were sure that we hadn't caused any regressions in
Nova. The code has been happily passing the devstack/tempest based
integration tests for 10 days now.

Thanks,
Mark.