[openstack-dev] [GATE UPDATE] Gate is slow

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Thu Sep 5 05:59:23 UTC 2013

Hello you lovely patient folks!

We have a bug slowing down the gate.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1220436
The important take away from this is that is a volume error and gives:
StringException: Empty attachments:

If you see a StringException: Empty attachments: error, this is the bug.
If your patch failed due to this error, please put 'reverify bug
1220436' in a comment on the patch and zuul should requeue your patch.

jgriffith is aware of this and we have been trying to come up with a
solution for the last two hours, you can read the channel log, I suggest
starting at 2013-09-05T03:05:10
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2013-09-05.log

Right now this looks like a race condition so it is proving elusive to
track.

If you have some suggestions or a patch to offer, all support gratefully
received and thank you.

Right now we have a gate queue of 46 and we are merging about 2 patches
an hour.

Thanks all for your patience and support, hopefully when the Sun rises
on those who know more, a fix will be processed and merged.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone. I'm have confidence we can get
the work in before cut off. Talk to your PTL if you have work affected
by this and I'm sure ttx will follow up with them.

Thanks,
Anita.