[openstack-dev] [Savanna] Guidance for adding a new plugin (CDH)

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 20:35:26 UTC 2013

On 09/04/2013 04:06 PM, Andrei Savu wrote:
> Hi guys -
>
> I have just started to play with Savanna a few days ago - I'm still
> going through the code. Next week I want to start to work on a plugin
> that will deploy CDH using Cloudera Manager.
>
> What process should I follow? I'm new to launchpad / Gerrit. Should I
> start by creating a blueprint and a bug / improvement request?

Savanna is following all OpenStack community practices so you can check
out https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute to get a good idea
of what to do.

In short, yes please use launchpad and gerrit and create a blueprint.

> Is there any public OpenStack deployment that I can use for testing?
> Should 0.2 work with Grizzly at trystack.org <http://trystack.org>?

0.2 will work with Grizzly. I've not tried trystack so let us know if it
works.

Best,

matt