[openstack-dev] [nova] key management and Cinder volume encryption

Coffman, Joel M. Joel.Coffman at jhuapl.edu
Wed Sep 4 19:28:19 UTC 2013

The following change provides a key manager implementation that reads a static key from the project's configuration: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/45103/

This key manager implementation naturally does not provide the same confidentiality that would be proffered by retrieving keys from a service like Barbican or a KMIP server, but it still provides protection against certain attacks like intercepting iSCSI traffic between the compute and storage host and lost / stolen disks.