[openstack-dev] [qa] How to do nova v3 tests in tempest

Zhu Bo bozhu at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 4 13:11:05 UTC 2013

hi,
       I'm working on bp:nova-v3-tests in tempest.  The nova tests in
tempest mostly have been ported into v3 and sent off.
but we got some feedbacks that there was mass code duplication and
suggested to do this by inheritance.
So I have sent another patch to do this by inheritance. But in this way,
another issue is not easy to drop v2 client and tests.
I want to get more feedbacks about this blue-print to make sure we do
this in the right way, which is the better one or is there
another better way? I'd appreciate every suggestion and comment.

the first way to do this in separate files:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/39609/ and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/39621/6

the second way to do this by inheritance.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44876/

Thanks & Best Regards

Ivan