[openstack-dev] Cinder Backup documentation - to which doc it should go?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Sep 3 13:33:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Ronen Kat <RONENKAT at il.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Emilien,
>
> I have looked at the block guide - the master branch it is mostly empty,
> most of the content was moved to the OpenStack configuration reference.
> Any suggestion on relation what should be in the configuration reference
> vs. the block admin guide - which is now practically empty.

Yes, your observations are accurate.

The Admin manuals are for day-to-day operations and running block storage.
The Config Reference is for one-time configuration and tuning. We have been
discussing these changes on the -dev mailing list. [1]

So, here are the placements:

1. Backup configuration

Configuration Reference

2. General description of Cinder backup (commands, features, etc)

Block Storage Administration Guide

3. Description of the available backup drivers

Configuration Reference

I believe this is the best for our audience.

Thanks,
Anne

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-August/013347.html