[openstack-dev] Proposal for Raksha, a Data Protection As a Service project

Alex Rudenko alexei.rudenko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 21:11:05 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask a question. But, first of all, I would like to say that
I'm new to OpenStack so the question might be irrelevant. From what I've
understood, the idea is to back up an entire stack including VMs, volumes,
networks etc. Let's call the information about how these pieces are
interconnected - a topology. This topology also has to be backed up along
with VMs, volumes, networks, right? And then this topology can be used to
restore the entire stack. As for me, it looks very similar to what the Heat
project does. Am I right? So maybe it's possible to use the Heat project
for this kind of backup/restore functionality?

Best regards,
Alex