[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Abdicating the PTL Position

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Thu Oct 31 22:17:06 UTC 2013

Thanks for the well-wishes (from everyone)! As I said, I'm not gone for good.

By way of explanation, it's a combination of things: personal items I've put off too long (startup life, right?) and new responsibilities at Nebula (which will keep me at least partly engaged in OpenStack, just not on the Horizon side).

All in all I hold myself to a high standard in anything I do, and looking at the next six months I saw my attention being split too many ways. At the same time I saw strong people in Horizon Core and knew the project would be in good hands so I chose to ensure that everyone and everything gets the attention it deserves, even if not all from me personally.

In truth I probably care about Horizon more than I ought to. It's been my baby for the last 2+ years, long before I was PTL officially. I don't intend to see it decline or degrade at all, and given what the team has been talking about (and will discuss at the summit) I think the best is yet to come!

-          Gabriel