[openstack-dev] [Heat] Locking and ZooKeeper - a space oddysey

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Oct 31 17:32:33 UTC 2013

In the spirt of openness, yes I do think they are all needed.

If they are not supported, then openstack is not open, it is a closed
system.

We should strive to innovate, not strive to be stuck with the status quo.

To me it is a developers decision to pick the right solution, if that
solution involves some complexity then u make it a pluggable solution.
Your view of the right solution will likely not be the view of someone
elses right solution in the end anyway (and u likely can't predict future
solutions that will be applicable anyway). If u just say no to that plugin
then u are just excluding people from participating in your project and
this is imho against the spirt of openness in general. And those people
who would have contributed will just start looking elsewhere for a
solution which does work. This kills the openstack...