[openstack-dev] Proposal for the new service: MagnetoDB, DynamoDB API implementation for OpenStack

Ilya Sviridov isviridov at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 31 12:24:54 UTC 2013

Hi Thierry,

Yes, you are right. AWS SimpleDB and DynamoDB look alike.
I think in API implementation itself there are a lot of common parts.

But exactly backend makes the difference.

Planning to engage Trove for datasource provisioning and management, the
key features of MagnetoDB is autoscaling and high-availability.
By design we plan to achieve the constant response time regardless of
amount of data.
In order to achieve such qualities the backend part should satisfy that
requirement itself and obviously not always can be applicable for general
cases.

However I believe that Soren have made huge progress, of course I would
like to discus it and maybe join our efforts.

I wrote him without response yet.

Thank you for input.

With best regards,
Ilya Sviridov