[openstack-dev] [Nova] Testing support for PCI passthrough

He, Yongli yongli.he at intel.com
Thu Oct 31 02:26:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

You can following this wiki page:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Pci_passthrough

From: Irena Berezovsky [mailto:irenab at mellanox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:55 AM
To: Jiang, Yunhong; youngli.he at intel.com
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Nova] Testing support for PCI passthrough

Hi guys,
Great work on adding PCI pass-through support to nova.
We would like  to test the support for PCI pass-through.
We thought to use devstack (nova) on physical machine with SR-IOV devices and apply patches that are still under review.
Can you please advise what should be defined in nova.conf and what should be requested on nova-boot command in order to create VM with PCI device?
Is it according to documented at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Enhanced-platform-awareness-pcie?
Can you please help me to identify the use cases that merged patches support?

Thank you very much,
Irena