[openstack-dev] [Heat] Locking and ZooKeeper - a space oddysey

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Oct 30 19:44:41 UTC 2013

On 31 October 2013 08:37, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh at rackspace.com> wrote:
> Doh, sorry, left out the important part I had originally intended.
>
> The ZK unit tests could be split to not run by default, but if you're a
> ZK shop ... run them yourself. They might not be included in the gerrit
> tests, but should be the nature with heavy-weight drivers.
>
> We need to do more of this test splitting in general anyway.

Yes... but.

We need to aim at production. If ZK is going to be the production sane
way of doing it with the reference OpenStack code base, then we
absolutely have to have our functional and integration tests run with
ZK. Unit tests shouldn't be talking to a live ZK anyhow, so they don't
concern me.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>