[openstack-dev] [keystone] Support for external authentication (i.e. REMOTE_USER) in Havana

Álvaro López García alvaro.lopez.garcia at cern.ch
Wed Oct 30 09:27:19 UTC 2013

Hi Tim.

On Tue 29 Oct 2013 (16:18), Tim Bell wrote:

> We also need some standardisation on the command line options for the client portion (such as --os-auth-method, --os-x509-cert etc.) . Unfortunately, this is not yet in Oslo so there would be multiple packages to be enhanced.

I totally agree. We need a common pluggable authentication mechanism
for the clients (since Keystone supports it, the clients should support
it). I improved the simple system that was in novaclient [1], but it should
be moved to keystone client. There was some movement to port this to [2]
but the change was abandoned in favour of a more complex solutions: one
that never came in (oslo [3]) and another from Jamie Lennox in [4] that
is still a WIP.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/23820/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36427/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28043/
[4] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+spec/auth-plugins

Regards,
Álvaro López García                              aloga at ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n
39005 Santander (SPAIN)