[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-dev][Nova][Discussion]Blueprint : Auto VM Discovery in OpenStack for existing workload

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Wed Oct 30 07:13:46 UTC 2013

Maybe a more appropriate approach could be to have a tool/script that does
it, as a one time thing.
For example, it could make sense in a scenario when Nova DB gets lost or
corrupted, a new Nova controller is deployed, and the DB needs to be
recreated. Potentially, since Nova DB is primarily a cache, this could be
done by 'discovery' (maybe with some manual intervention) - instead of
dealing with backup/restore of the DB, or similar approaches.

Regards,
Alex