[openstack-dev] [Neutron] FWaaS IceHouse summit prep and IRC meeting

Yi Sun beyounn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 06:24:43 UTC 2013

I think the support of the subnet should be part of address object or address book object. We should not eliminate the possibility to run firewall as an add-on service on top of a virtual router. As matter fact, there are many VM based firewall providing certain level of routing service anyway. And such a firewall should be able to use the router interfaces to construct the zone concept. With both address object and zone, we should be able to support the most of requirements.

Yi