[openstack-dev] [Heat] Network topologies

Aaron Rosen arosen at nicira.com
Tue Oct 29 21:34:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Edgar Magana <emagana at plumgrid.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Moving the management of topology?

As in you are going to have to call the neutron api from within your api to
create the topology from the template (what heat already does).

> I am not proposing nothing like that, actually could you explain me the
> current workflow to save a network topology created by Neutron APIs, in
> order to use it by a different tenant or the owner itself in a different
> time?

Correct there is nothing that does this today (unless you write a script to
do it). That said, I think Zane said it best as the part that should be
implemented should be something that dumps out the existing network
configuration that you could use as a heat template.  Is there any reason
why this approach won't work in your opinion?

Possibly, that is the part that I am missing and it will help me to improve