[openstack-dev] [nova][scheduler] Instance Group Model and APIs - Updated document with an example request payload

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 29 20:32:00 UTC 2013

I should clarify my comment about invoking Heat to do the orchestration. I
think we have a choice between designing a 1-stage API vs a 2-stage API.
The 2-stage API goes like this: first the client defines the top-level
group and everything inside it, then the client makes more calls to create
the resources (with reference to the groups and policies).  In the 2-stage
API, there is no need to use Heat for orchestration --- the client can
orchestrate in any way it wants (BTW, we should eventually get around to
talking about what happens if the client is the heat engine).  In the
1-stage API, the client just makes one call to define the top-level group
and everything inside it; the implementation takes care of all the rest;
in this style of API, I think it would be natural for the implementation
to call Heat to do the orchestration.

Regards,
Mike